Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vermicelli Salad

Sorry I haven't posted  in a while, but I have been preoccupied with my grandchildren.  With the 4th of July coming up, I have been thinking about dishes to take to the lake for the weekend.  This cold salad will keep for several days in the refrigerator and is delicious.
Vermicelli Salad
10 ounce pkg. Vermicelli pasta
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 T olive oil
Cook vermicelli as directed on package.  Drain, but do not rinse.  Cool for 30-45 minutes while occasionally separating with a fork.  While still warm, stir in lemon juice and oil.  Season heavily with seasoning salt ( I prefer Cavender's Greek Seasoning)
Add the following:
1/2 cup of each:
green onions, diced
celery, diced
bell pepper, diced
pimento, diced
black olives, sliced
Mix and add 1/2 to 1 cup of mayonaisse.  This depends on how creamy you prefer it. 
Also adjust seasonings and refrigerate over night to enhance flavors.


1 comment:

  1. this has been a BIG hit when I have made it- thanks for sharing:) Dannis

    ReplyDelete