Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Loca Luna's Roasted Red Pepper Soup

This is one of my favorite soups. My brother-in-law shared it with me when I had my resturant The Invisible Chef. The original recipe instructed you to roast the red peppers, but Jeff told me a secret about buying already roasted peppers.  Top the soup with the "Cilantro Lime Sour Cream".



Loca Luna’s Roasted Red Pepper Soup

8 large red bell peppers (2 16 oz. jars Merzetta roasted red peppers
2 T butter
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic chopped
¼ cup tomato paste
6 cups chicken stock
2 cups heavy cream
1 t. black pepper
2 t. salt
4 T chopped cilantro
2 T cornstarch mixed with 2 T water
1 cup sweet corn kernels for garnish
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream (see below)

Dice onions and garlic. Coarsely chop peppers.

In a heavy bottom soup pot over medium low heat, add butter and sauté onion and garlic until soft.  Add chopped red peppers, tomato paste and chicken stock.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.  Add heavy cream, pepper, and salt, cilantro.


Mix cornstarch with water and add to soup to thicken.  Simmer 5 minutes then blend with electric whisk.
Makes 3 qts.


                                                       Cilantro Lime Sour Cream


1 cup sour cream
Juice from ½ lime
1 t. fresh cilantro





3 comments:

  1. I love soups Jeanette! Looking forward to following your blog and trying your recipes. I've had your food..so I know it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kay. I'm about as slow on posting as I was trying to publish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a little at a time to ensure no lumps form. menstrual cup canada

    ReplyDelete