Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trader Vic's Chicken Salad

A customer shared this recipe with me shortly after I opened The Invisible Chef and it quickly became a favorite.  I have not made it since I close the store, but plan to make it very soon. I believe Trader Vic's was a popular resturant in San Francisco. Not sure if it's still open and not sure this salad was ever made, but that is the story I was told when given the recipe.
Trader Vic's Chicken Salad

5 cups cooked diced chicken breast
1 can sliced water chestnuts
2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup sliced green olives
Dressing:
1/2 (heaping) cup sour cream
1/2 (heaping) cup mayonnaise
1 T curry powder
4 T Major Grey Chutney
Garnish:
1/2 cup toasted almonds, sliced
Mix all ingredients; add dressing and chill.  Top with sliced almonds.  I ususally mixed my almonds in with the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment