Monday, July 11, 2011

Mexican Cornbread Salad

 My mouth is watering just remembering how good it is, but I hardly ever make it.  It's one of those dishes that is best made the day before serving.  Great for a salad supper or potluck dinner.

Mexican Cornbread Salad
2 packages Martha White Mexican Cornbread Mix
2 cans pinto beans, drained
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 green pepper diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3 cups grated Cheddar Cheese
1 (4ounce) jar of bacon pieces, Hormel (NOT BACOS)
1 cup sour cream
1 package Ranch dressing mix
1 cup mayonaise
Make cornbread according to package directions.  Cool and crumble in a large bowl.  Add next seven ingredients.  Mix sour cream, Ranch dressing packet and mayonnaise.  Lightly toss with cornbread mixture.  Chill.

2 comments:

  1. I made this the other day.. It was amazing.. you are right about letting it sit overnight.. Thanks! I do wish you could post pictures.. The salad was great.. but was not very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you liked it. I have just posted a shrimp salad and a picture. I promise to be more diligent in posting

    ReplyDelete