Wednesday, January 25, 2012

White Bars

I actually thought that I had already posted this recipe,  but this morning when I started to gather ingredients for making it, I realized it was not on the blog.  It has always been one of my daughters favorites, but my son in law would do all types of chores and repairs for just one piece of this delicious cake.  It taste just like wedding cake.

Cake: One Duncan Hines white cake mix with the following additions:
            1 egg (not white)
            1 T almond extract
            1 box instant vanilla pudding
            1/4 cup oil
Mix cake using package directions.  Spray a half sheet pan (12x16) with Pam. Spread evenly in pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Cool.
Frosting:
             4 cups powdered sugar
             1/2 cup butter, softened
             1-2  T almond extract
              milk to make spreadable
Beat all ingredients until smooth.  Spread on cooled cake. Cut into bars.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. Question...what size box of pudding? And- - a brown egg? Just making sure I am comprehending that correctly. Cannot wait to bake these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small box and any whole egg and the box instructions is egg whites, so it's 3 egg whites and one whole egg.

    ReplyDelete