Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pancakes

Spencer asked me yesterday if I had the "stuff" to make pancakes for breakfast today and it reminded of how easily these can be made from scratch. I know most use a mix, but you will never buy pancake mix again after trying these.  This was another recipe passed down to me from my mother.



Pancakes
1 cup flour
2 T sugar
2 T baking powder
pinch salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
3 T vegetable oil
Mix dry ingredients; add remaining ingredients and cook on griddle or skillet. 
Top with melted butter and warmed syrup.  Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancake is a very easy and tasty option for breakfast. Even if you don't have the proper ingredients, you can make it with the basic ingredients available. I made the pancakes for my friends when they last visited me and everyone loves the taste. If you are making it with the right method it will give the right texture and flavor. The recipe for the pancake you mentioned above is very simple yet tasty. I like the chocolate pancakes but, as you prepared it will all simple and scratch ingredients still it gives a good flavour. Thank you so much for sharing such useful recipe with us

    ReplyDelete